Tel: 01554 834346      Fax: 01554 834425      E-mail: info@pembreyburryport-tc.gov.uk

Home » Council Halls & Facilities

Council Halls & Facilities


Memorial Hall

The Memorial Hall is available to hire for functions and events.
Download the 2011- 2012 Memorial Hall Hire Prices

Copperworks School Complex

The Copperworks School was built in the 1855 when George Richards Elkington decided to invest in a copper smelting trade and in 1849 they established the Pembrey Copperworks Company alongside the harbour in Burry Port. They were kind and generous employers and the company built an Infants, Girls, and Boys school ( known today as Copperworks School in Morlan Terrace ) along with houses for the staff near the works.

Carmarthenshire County Council have carried out alterations to the buildings under the European Objective One Fund Programme.

Burry Port Town Council now rent out the premises various local societies including:

Scouts & Girl Guides.
Burry Port Town Band
Shin – gi – Tai Aikado Society
Pembrey & Burry Port Photographic Society